Lenvima is anti-cancer medicine that interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body. It is required for the treatment of thyroid cancer. It can also be used with a combination of the treatment of advanced kidney cancer and liver cancer.
Common side effects of lenvatinib include the following:
- high blood pressure (hypertension)
- joint and muscle pain (arthralgia/myalgia)
- decreased appetite
- decreased weight
- inflammation of the lining of the mouth (stomatitis)
- excess protein in the urine (proteinuria)
- swelling and pain in the palms, hands and/or the soles of the feet
- stomach pain
- changes in voice volume or quality
How should Lenvima be used?
Lenvima is taken once daily at about the same time, with or without food.
It should be swallowed whole with water. If you have difficulty swallowing the capsules, inform your doctor or pharmacist.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Use it as soon as you can, but skip the missed dose if you are more than 12 hours late for the dose. Do not use two doses at one time.
Self-Care Tips :
- High blood pressure may be a side effect of Lenvima. Your healthcare provider shall check your blood pressure regularly during treatment.
- If you should experience nausea, take anti-nausea medications as prescribed by your doctor, and eat small frequent meals. Sucking on lozenges and chewing gum may also help.
- Avoid sun exposure. Wear SPF 30 (or higher) sunblock and protective clothing.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Maintain good nutrition.
- Lenvatinib can cause tiredness, weakness or blurred vision. If you have any of these symptoms, use caution when driving a car, using machinery, or anything that requires you to be alert.
To Read More From Us = Click Here
To Visit Our Second Site = Click Here